Note: 2018 MTPC conference venue has been changed to Hualien, Taiwan.
( 2018管理理論與實務研討會地點已改至臺灣花蓮舉辦 )
- Submission Deadline: October 14, 2017
- Acceptance Notification Date: December 7, 2017
- Registration and Fees Payment Deadline: December 25, 2017
- Conference: April 1 & April 2, 2018
To promote interactions among management scholars in the Asia-Pacific region and around the world, NTU Management Review, published by the College of Management of National Taiwan University, invites you to attend the 2018 Management Theory and Practice Conference. The conference aims to provide an academic forum for the exchange of management-related research ideas and to provide suggestions for future researches in the Asia-Pacific region. Scholars and practitioners from throughout the world are welcomed to attend.
Scope and Topics
With the rise of the Asia- Pacific market in the global economy throughout the past decades, along with the emergence of multinationals in the Asia- Pacific, the main objective of the 2018 Management Theory and Practice Conference will focus on management-related issues from an Asia- Pacific perspective, aiming to facilitate discussions of concepts and practices in various fields of management such as accounting, finance, organizational behavior, human resources management, marketing, information management, e-commerce, productions and operations management, and corporate strategy. We welcome research papers that can bring visions and insights into management theories and practices, and we also encourage qualitative studies that depict and interpret up-to-date management practices.
We invite the authors of the original research papers aligned with our conference theme— “Managing the New Realities in Asia”. Theoretical, empirical, and qualitative studies are all welcomed. Major topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Financial reporting practices and quality in the Asia Pacific region
- Management accounting and controls of companies in the Asia Pacific region
- Auditing practices and quality in the Asia Pacific region
- The evolution of the accounting information environment in the Asia Pacific region
- Investment in the Asia Pacific region
- Corporate finance in the Asia Pacific region
- Corporate governance in the Asia Pacific region
- New service and brand marketing trends in the Asia-Pacific region
- B2B marketing in the Asia Pacific region
- New concepts and theories of organizational behavior/human resources management for the Asia Pacific region
- Managing risks of value networks
- Design innovation and information systems
- Strategy and innovation from an Asia Pacific perspective
- Creating and capturing value through strategy and innovation
- Small and medium enterprise (SME) management
All submissions should follow the style of NTU Management Review , and are subject to the double blind review process. Papers that are accepted for presentation at the conference are strongly encouraged to submit to NTU Management Review, which will be followed by a fast track review process.
Features of the Conference
The one-and-a-half day conference is featured by:
- A keynote speech by an internationally renowned scholar
- Concurrent sessions of paper presentations
- One banquet and two lunches